GETTING STARTED IS EASY
Congratulations, you have made the decision to go ahead with a new website for your business or association. The following information is to help you understand the process of getting started.
Firstly, I thank you for your interest and the opportunity to provide you with a quality Website Design Service. I look forward to working with you to create your custom masterpiece which should provide you with the tools you need for a successful web presence.
Now that you have made the decision to move forward with your new website, I would like to help you understand the process. We will require your input along the way and listed below are some points to help us both in getting started. Our CMS designs involves the creation and management of an online database, which we will manage and host for you. This may involve changing your NS records with your domain manager if you have an existing website already. It’s a simple process so don’t panic.
Our competitive hosting fees are charged on an annual basis (July – June). Our hosting fees include regular WordPress security updates and database backups which assist in keeping your website security threats at a minimum.
- We will discuss your requirements; ask if you have a preference for a particular style or color. Obtain your Logo and any images that you have related to your business. We may require you to complete a short questionnaire which will assist both of us with your needs.
- We will supply you with your initial estimate or fixed price quote.
- We will issue an invoice being 50% deposit or a minimum of $1000 which is required prior to the commencement of any design work and is non-refundable once work has commenced.
- We will discuss your domain name and registration with you if necessary.
- We will supply you with a front page design concept and work with you until you’re happy.
- We will ask you for editorial to complete the text content on your pages. We can assist here or provide a professional copywriter if required.
- Our designer will go ahead and create a functional Beta website and test for any bugs.
- At this point you will have the opportunity to site the new project and approve the work to date. We will add your content at this stage also.
- The final stage of the design process where, after receiving final approval, we will issue an invoice for the balance of design work and following payment our Developer will make your website live!
- We then optimise your new website & make it Google friendly using specific search terms relative to your business. The site URL is then submitted to the search engines as a free service. Submission to search engines can take some time for your new website to appear in the search results. You can fast track the process using ‘Google Advertising’ but at a cost. Contact me for further information.
- Finally you can add your personalised email accounts at this point. As you know from your own experience browsing the web, sites that don’t update often usually fall off one’s “personal radar”, so the trick is to update as often as you can. This will encourage visitors to return and search engines like Google to improve your ranking.
As an added bonus minor non-design type changes (add a photo, change contact details etc) are included in the hosting fee up to a value of 2 hours per annum. Again, thank you for choosing us as your website service provider, I look forward to supporting you both now and in the future with your web services.
Should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.